Why a Workplace Wellness Program is right for you
Did you know that employee absence can equal as much as 36% of your payroll?
- Replacement workers during employee absence are 29% less effective.
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and High Blood Pressure account for nearly 75% of total healthcare expenditures.
- Approximately 80% of Baby Boomers who are not entering their 50’s have at least 1 chronic disease, with 50% having 2 or more!
- An employee on prescription medication can be less focused and therefore less productive to the company.
- Job stress is estimated to cost U.S. industry more than $300 million a year in absenteeism, turnover, diminished productivity, and medical, legal, and insurance costs.
- 52% of Americans report that they have considered workplace stress a significant factor when considering a job, declining a promotion or leaving a job altogether.
- Ballooning health care costs and exhausted employees are wreaking havoc on your bottom line.
Evidence indicates that carefully executed Wellness Programs can save employers as much as $7 per $1 spent!
- A study published in the February 2010 issue of Health Affairs found that for every dollar invested in a comprehensive workplace wellness program, companies saved $3.27 in medical costs and $2.73 in costs related to absenteeism.
- Significantly reduce the number of employee sick days taken and therefore the need for temp services.
- Obesity, diabetes, and other disease can be corrected through nutrition, physical activity, and stress management that can be providing in employee wellness programs.
- Improve employee morale. Research shows that employees who feel that their employers care about them are more engaged at work and are more productive. This becomes a virtuous and prosperous cycle for the employer and employee.
“Let us create a culture shift within your organization that promotes, encourages, and sustains Total Wellness for your employees and your bottom line.” Faye Jawad